Monday, November 19, 2012

Gif Post: I'm Too Busy to Do This

Ok, so, I've complained about being hella busy a lot lately, you get the point. I was halfway through writing a long, well thought out post about gender roles in the Korean dating scene when suddenly my brain went:

My current favorite meme


I'm too busy being on a diet where, when my Trainer Rambo asks me how things are going, I'm all...

OMGZERS, HEALTH FOOD IS TOTES THE BESTEST!


But as soon as I leaving the gym I want to go into every restaurant where people are eating the foods I want and just...





When I cheat on my diet at work I'm terrified my trainer and/or "Diet Police" boyfriend will find out so it kinda looks like this:




I get one cheat meal a week. Not a cheat day, one cheat MEAL. It is a sacred thing to me now. I have to earn it by gaining a certain percentage of muscle and dropping a certain percentage of fat every week. My cheat meal is my child and I will lay down my life to protect it so I can eat whatever the hell I want and be truly happy once a week

Eating pizza with my friends in Itaewon on Saturday is the only happy thought I can cling to until next Saturday.


And when you're on a diet people ask you a SHIT ton of questions about your diet and everyone has advice. They don't understand that my sanity really relies heavily on what little bits of routine I have managed to accrue lately so I just wanna be all...

I understand other foods are healthy too, but you don't understand that these foods are healthy AND easy!


Because the diet and exercise are actually... ya know... working, none of my clothes fit me anymore, everything looks like a sack. However, I am not Korean size, which means I still can't freely shop in stores here (I'm probably another 10kg from even being close) so every time I look at myself in my underwear I'm all...




But when I look at myself in clothes it's just...

Ugh, when did this EVER look good?!

All of this is just compounded by work... dear God work...

One of my main supervisors apparently chooses one person in each batch of new people to RIDE LIKE A DONKEY. She will be super picky and difficult to satisfy for only this one person. I've spoke to her two previous pack mules and they've both reassured me that once the next batch of newbies comes in March I will be just a tiny blip on her radar, but until then every time I see a message from her in my inbox or she calls me before I even know what she wants I have the fear of God...

La la la, my job is awesome... OH NO!
OH DEAR GOD AN EMAIL, KILL IT WITH FIRE
WHAT DID I DO WRONG THIS TIME?!
Maybe if I just ignore it... it'll go away...

But then I go down to the office to check my mailbox and I can just feel her eyes one me...



I think she finally realized that she has been rough on me because last week she tried to make it clear that she does think I'm a good teacher, I just kinda suck at passing in my paperwork on time. So now she's a little more...



They've finished interviewing for the positions opening in March, I think she's located her next target and has decided that she needs to take it easier on me.


And then there's the choirs...

Is there ever the choirs...

Don't get me wrong. I freaking LOVE working with CMC and every choir and every person in the choirs. It's just that lately I feel like a shitty choir member because I literally have NO time to work on the music. The Chamber (semi-professional) choir had a huge festival two weeks ago and that on top of all the other crap going on just made me want to...

Note to self: Head- Not an Ideal Means of Conveyance


I mean, when we're good I totally feel all...




But our conductor spends a LOT of time playing the "disappointed father" role. When he calls out my section I'm all...


Most of the time in the Chorale (advanced amateur choir) I'm all...

Section leaders got that swagger.

But when I make a stupid mistake I feel like...


Whenever he calls me out for doing something correctly...


But when he tells me to blend more...





Then there's the student debt...


To top it all off people keep asking me about my plans for the future and the more I think about what I think my plans will be the more I'm like...



Because I will never be as awesome as this kid...


No comments:

Post a Comment